Monday, March 31, 2008

Gaining some insight from the movie History Boys

After having much excitement watching, the movie The Freedom Writers, we watched another movie entitled “The History Boys”. This movie is a British movie so it is sophisticated in terms of the language and also the portrayal of the issue depicted in the movie. Overall, it is an interesting movie. The plot of the story plays a big role. It has the captivating nature that made me to hook up with the movie. I wanted to know what is going to happen next…next…next…

In this movie, one of the prominent issues that I think should be highlighted here is the expectation that a student has on his or her teacher. I think I did and do have certain expectations on my teachers. And from the movie I have learned the teacher’s part well- meeting the students’ expectation is not that easy! (Lesson for the day-I should not expect more from my teacher).

Apart from that, in the movie, there were three teachers teaching 7 boys. Different teacher had a different way of approach in his / her teaching. Well this part is very useful for future teachers like me.

In the movie, there is also an issue on homosexuality which I don’t know how to elaborate more. The issue on this is not that serious but it does cause a death!
In short, History Boys is a sophisticated, classy movie that one can watch when they need some boost on how a teacher can eventually have great satisfaction on the profession that they are attach to.

No comments: